Saturday, July 10, 2010

Easy Doughnuts


recipe: easy doughnuts

July 7th, 2010 - by Deborah

Every once in awhile, I’ll get a craving that just won’t go away until I satisfy it.  So when my husband and I were craving doughnuts, and I didn’t want to take the time to make dough, let it rise, then fry them, I whipped up a batch of these super easy doughnuts in just a fraction of the time!!
Easy Doughnuts
1 can refrigerated biscuits
oil for deep frying
Heat the oil in a deep fryer or a heavy saucepan to 375F.
Separate the dough into individual biscuits.  Roll out each circle slightly, then cut a hole from the center with a small circle cookie cutter.  Fry each biscuit in the hot oil for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side, until golden brown.  Drain on a cooling rack.
Glaze the top of each doughnut with chocolate glaze and add sprinkles or toppings if desired.
Chocolate Glaze
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
1 tablespoon melted butter
2 to 3 teaspoons milk
Blend all glaze ingredients until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment