- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cut in 1-inch pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces frozen cut green beans, thawed (recommended: C&W)
- 8 ounces frozen pepper strips, thawed (recommended: C&W)
- 1 1/2 cups light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth,
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, plus wedges for garnishing
- Coconut Rice, recipe follows
- Cilantro sprigs for garnishing
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add cut up chicken, season and saute until cooked through stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add green beans and pepper strips and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
While chicken cooks, start the peanut curry sauce. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the sauce. Pour sauce into a frying pan over the chicken and vegetables, stir to combine. Turn heat up to high and bring to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 6 to 8 minutes. Serve over Coconut Rice or plain steamed rice.
3/4 cup light coconut milk (recommended: A Taste of Thai)
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 lime, juiced
2 cups instant rice
1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut, toasted
In a medium saucepan, combine coconut milk, chicken broth, lime juice, and instant rice. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat and cover for 7 to 9 minutes. Fluff rice with fork and stir in toasted coconut. Serve.
Note: To toast coconut, place in dry frying pan over medium-low heat stirring occasionally until golden brown.