Sunday, January 9, 2011

ranch salad dressing


Ingredients:
¾ cup mayonnaise (I use light)
¾ cup sour cream (I use light)
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. lemon juice
¼-1 cup buttermilk (I use the full cup)
1 small bunch chives
Small handful parsley
1 clove garlic, chopped
½ tsp. kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Directions:
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor starting with ¼ cup of the buttermilk and blend for 10 seconds.  Check the consistency and taste and blend in additional buttermilk as desired.  Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.  Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Note: For all those asking how long this keeps, I don’t know exactly since I’m not a food scientist.  I would imagine as long as any of the separate components might keep in the refrigerator.  Mine kept at least two weeks before we had used it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment