Monday, January 3, 2011

banana Bars



I buy bananas every week, which means that I regularly have brown bananas. I love the idea of eating fresh bananas. We usually go through 4 or 5 that first day. My problem is once they are even the slightest bit over-ripe, they are far too mushy for me...so they sit on the counter for a week, then I start to get a craving for banana bread. Subconsciously, that must be why I buy the bananas in the first place.

We took a break from the usual banana bread to try these little bars. The sour cream makes them so tasty. And cream cheese frosting...what doesn't taste better with a schmear of cream cheese frosting?
These delicious banana bars come from Lindsey ofCinnamon Syrup fame. I've tried many of her recipes...she has a knack for picking good ones.


Ingredients:

1 1/2 c sugar
1/2 c butter
2 eggs
1 c sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 med ripe bananas (1 cup)

Frosting:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 c butter, soft
2 tsp. vanilla
4 c powdered sugar

Directions:
Cream sugar, butter and eggs. Add sour cream and vanilla. Combine and add dry ingredients. Mash then stir in bananas. Bake at 350 for 20- 25 minutes in a jelly roll pan.
Let cool completely before frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment