created this blog because I would find so many yummy recipes online and i didn't want to keep printing them out so I decided to save them on this!
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Penne Pasta with Basil
Rigatoni alla Vodka Ingredients
Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 small onion, chopped
6 slices prosciutto or pancetta, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and fresh ground pepper
1 large can crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon sugar
1 pound rigatoni pasta
1 cup heavy cream
Few basil leaves
1. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil.
2. Heat a few drizzles of oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook until soft. Add the prosciutto and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a minute. Add the tomatoes and sugar and cook for about 15 minutes.
3. To the boiling water, add a handful of salt and the rigatoni. Cook until al dente.
4. Pour the cream into a mixing bowl and whip with a hand mixer until peaks form. Fold it gently into the tomato sauce.
5. Drain the rigatoni and add to the sauce. Mix to combine and season, if needed. Add the basil and serve immediately.